The Qabala - Kabbalah has been a preserved-guarded knowledge probably to avoid misinterpretation by those who would not really understand it.
What I have found to be interesting is the significance Qabala gives to certain numbers.
The Quabala teaches the process of stepping up to a higher level of consciousness. According to the tree of life these steps are 10 leading up to nothingness.
The tree of life reflects the universal consciousness and as it is without so it is within. Everything in the universe is a reflection of everything. The formula of everything consists of 4 elements as we have also seen in the Aristotelian elements.
In the Qabala they are the 4 worlds:יהוהYOD (10), HE(5), VAV(6), HE(5)
The world cosists of these 4 parts:
- Atziluth (the archetypal world)
- Briah( creative world)
- Yetzirah (the formative world)
- Assiah(the material world)
In the same way a human being consists of:
- Nephesh (body and animal instinct)
- Ruach (intellect)
- Neshamah ( intuition-6th sense)
- Chiah (universal life force- what we really are)
In the natural world we have:
- Water – hydrogen
- Air – oxygen
- Earth – carbon
If we do the following simple addition we get the number 10 which are the Sephirot of the tree of life.
The 10 Sephirot, and the planets and archangels associated with them are as follows:
- Crown Metatron
- Wisdom (fixed stars) Raziel "Keeper of Secrets" and the "Angel of Mysteries"
- Understanding (related with Saturn) Zaphkiel ("God's knowledge") He helps peopleo make important decisions and put them into words.
- Mercy (Jupiter) Zadkiel (is the archangel of freedom, benevolence, mercy,)
- Strength (Mars) Chamael ("One who sees God")
- Beauty (Sun) Michael “who is like God”
- Victory -Eternity (venus) Haniel "Grace of God"
- Splendor (Mercury) Raphael "It is God who heals",
- Foundation (Moon) Gabriel ( messenger of God)
- Kingdom (malkuth) (Earth) Sandalphon "twin brother" of Metatron,
Other important numbers in Qabala
Important numbers in the Qabala except for the numbers 4 and 10 we already saw, are the numbers 3, 7 and 12.
The Hebrew alphabet has 22 letters.
- 3 mother letters (related with Air- Water- Fire)
- 7 double letters (7 planets)
- 12 simple letters (related with the 12 Zodiac signs)
The Greeks first put astrological connection to their letters of the alphabet then did the Hebrew. This does not imply that there were no other civilizations that associated astrology with their writing form before the Greeks; this is just a comparison of civilizations that rose around the same time.
All the above mentioned information is mainly based on the simplified teachings of the Qabala of Lon Milo DuQuette, also known as Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford for more information please refer to his book The Chicken Qabalah